Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My Own Woman

Well, I commented yesterday on how I am going to spend some time to focus on me. And, I can't stop thinking about it. I have been intrigued by trying to find out who God made ME to be, and how I can implement THAT into everything that I do instead of the other way around. I think that a lot of it has to do with thinking itself. Thinking is actually a scary thing. It takes you so many places that you may not have wanted to go, and yet it brings so much peace when you actually take the time out to do it. It occurred to me that I rarely spend time alone. When I was younger I use to have to have some time to myself literally every night for AT LEAST an hour. That does not exist anymore. And I have a feeling that it needs to return. Maybe not an hour, but at least 30-45 min of time to just sit and be. Too bad I don't live out in the country somewhere so that I could go sit out on my patio, sip some tea,let my mind relax, and enjoy the breeze. Instead I am on the 3rd floor of an apartment building with a view of the road! Ugh.

All that to say, I feel the love of Jesus so close these days. He's reaching out his arms telling me to come and walk with him for a while. Just me. Just Jesus and I. I feel like I'm finally ready to just let Him take me on a long walk and learn some things about Him, and things about me as well....

Here's to becoming My Own Woman!

No comments: