Tuesday, February 5, 2008

When it Rains


I guess that this blog would be considered "Adventures with the Porter's" like I promised previously. We didn't actually go anywhere or discover anything new, but it still fits.
Yesterday I was driving to the movies from work, and it had just rained ourside. As I was driving, I noticed that everything looked so clear. It looked like the world had been dusted off. I loved it! It made me think "that's what happens in life". Sometimes we go through rainy seasons in our life, but when the sun does come out, everything looks different.
I have been in that season for a few weeks now. Just rain. Sometimes it drizzles, and sometimes in pours. Last night, Adam and I were able to talk about all that we have been going through; personal struggles, defeats & victories, and wounds that have scabbed but still hurt. Needless to say, it was raining. When I woke up this morning though, the fog was gone, and everything looked clearer. It was wonderful.
Sometimes the rain is SO worth the sunshine that follows.

No comments: