Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Thoughts on 4 + It's a GIRL!!!

 
(Ellie, Claire, & their friend, Sienna)
 
 I think first and foremost, the news that this baby is a little GIRL came with much relief! I love my Abram to pieces, but wow, he's been a little fireball. He gives me a run for my money every.single.day. A few months back I said a silent, small prayer to God on a particularly difficult day that I didn't know if I could take another boy- that I needed this baby to be a girl. Apparently He thought that's what we needed too!
 
I told Adam that I felt like I could breathe a little easier now. Writing this out I sound so dramatic about it, but it's the truth. Ask me in 12 years when I have 3 teenage girls how I feel- I'm sure I'll sing a different tune! Ellie and Claire are still so young and their drama meter can shoot through the roof at times :)
 
We are mulling over names, but overall just feeling overjoyed that we have a healthy, very active (per the ultrasound!) girl in there that is going to make our love multiply that much more. The ultrasound guy kept asking if we (mostly Adam) were disappointed it was girl- ha! Give it up dude, we're ecstatic and not lying about it...silly man!
 
My post was titled thoughts on four, so I'll fill you in on some of those too. Now that my belly has popped and I'm officially showing, I feel like more of a spectacle to watch when we're out and about. The cashier at Costco today was mentioning how many babies a previous customer had looking at my full cart of kids and bulging belly- that's the breakdown- people look at me now and think "whoa lady, that's a lot of kids!". They don't need to say it, I know it ;)
 
I don't get too many people asking me how I'm feeling- which I LOVE! It's a fine question, but ask any pregnant lady and you know it's over used. I think the look on my face tells people how I'm feeling. The lack of make-up, shush-ing my screaming one and a half year old, telling the kids for the billionth time that no, we're not buying that today- wherever we may be, and just the general chaos that shows when you are wrangling a small team of kids and getting winded bending over to grab a toy. Oh, it's fun stuff I tell ya!
 
But it is. It really is. The amount of pure exhaustion I feel at the end of the day is more that worth it. It's hard but it's GOOD. People keep saying that having 4 is EASIER than having 3 (say what?!?!) but I'm choosing to believe them and I'll hunt them down if they are pouring hopeful lies into me! Not really......but sort of :)
 
 


No comments: