Wednesday, January 7, 2015

When Dance Parties Don't Work



There are some days that I feel my head might explode doing this whole mothering business. Today has been one of those days. These days are LONG. Usually the kids are whining (a lot!), the house is a disaster, there are no groceries for dinner (or lunch- shout out to Chick-fil-a), and even trying to brighten moods with a dance party just doesn't work! Believe me- I just tried it.

Then there's Claire. My little constant girl. She is sweet, kind, and always trying to figure out a way to make you happy. She is quiet and more independent than the other two. And she's just the darned cutest thing. She is my relief on some days- these days- that feel like they might get the best of me.

She was the only one who danced with me during my dance party. And she did it without a care in the world! She was free and just plain happy. If she could just capture some of that, bottle it up, and send it my way (and maybe your way!) the world would be a better place.

She is the beauty in my mundane today. And boy is she a beauty.

Now off to make some oatmeal and toast. Because that's what you do on these days, right?

No comments: