Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Thoughts

There is a song out there by Third Day called "The Thief". When I listen to it I ALWAYS choke up and get emotional. It reminds me of when Jesus saved me from my unsatisfying and sinful life, and brought me into a real relationship that is eternal and good. I am so thankful that my sins are not hanging over me, and he rescued me from all of my guilt and shame. The song reminds me of that because it is about the man on the cross next to Jesus, who believed in Him right before he died, and went to Paradise with Jesus. That is so amazing! He lived a life apart from God and rebelled against Him, and yet the last day of his life, he was able to be with Jesus in Heaven. Jesus is so good.

Sometimes in all the business of life, we get wrapped up in the small details that we forget what Jesus has done in our lives and the gratitude and praise He deserves each day. It's crazy how we can sometimes let that slip right out of our minds. He has saved our souls set us free, and yet we fail to acknowledge Him.

When we do this, we are settling for the happiness of temporary things instead of the joy and contentment that Jesus can bring to our lives. I find that when I am taking risks and actually LIVING my faith, is when Jesus really comes in and I feel ready to live a life worthy of my calling. The words in the bible are so powerful and they are alive. I want to live them.

The good thing is,...God waits patiently for us to remember that sometimes. And right now was one of those times for me.

I don't know if it's just me, but when I find that I haven't spent the time in the word and with God that I want to, I am so apprehensive to get back into it. It's like it's a challenge to even pick the bible back up and read it. Even though my heart is ripe and tender to learn and soak myself in it. I hate that!

I think that what's underneath it all is that I know my calling is a high one. God doesn't joke around when He asks us to do things for Him and for our own lives, He doesn't waste time. He always gets straight to the point. That's the scary part. He makes my insecurities, fears, flaws, and sins shine bright so that I am transparent enough to see where He needs to work. It's beautiful actually. But so intimidating! And so unusual to the world we live in. We live in a place that absolutely LOVES to hide all of that. But, Jesus calls us to be transparent, real, and vulnerable. That is how believers are different than the rest of the world. They seem weird just because they don't put masks on and act like everything is ok. I get so tired of that. Every person wants something that is raw. That is such a good word because it is so tender to feeling and emotion. The world is numb by suppressing their feelings and putting on a show. I don't want that. I want to hurt when others hurt, feel bad when I wrong people, cry because God is so good, give people supernatural mercy and grace that is not from this world, and be so weird and different because of how much I love others (because Christ has loved me) that it makes people uncomfortable but feel at home all at the same time. That is my high calling.

So, with all that being said, I want to follow Christ today so closely. I am not going to be afraid to go back to Him and apologize for how long it's been, but rather run to Him and embrace Him because it's been so long since I have been back home.

The End

No comments: