Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Well, this will be short seeing as how my blogs are usually SUPER long!

I just wanted to fill you in on a few things I've been thinking about and talking to God about...

I was driving to Mesa yesterday morning on my way to class, and I noticed how many cars were on the road. It was so intriguing to me that there are so many people in the world. And I know that I have so many issues just by myself, and I can't even IMAGINE all the struggles and hurts all the people in the world have. We were all driving, in a routine, to either work, school, dropping the kids off, or to do some other tasks the day always brings...all the while carrying around heavy burdens...and all of a sudden I heard God tell me to just pray. Pray for all these people in their routines, struggles, victories, trials, and hardships. Immediately after I felt so small. And I found myself thinking, "How is my little prayer going to help all these people?" But I thought...it all has to start somewhere. If one person doesn't do it, who is going to? It was very overwhelming for me to think of, but I was so amazed that Jesus carries all those things with Him eveyday. He knows exactly what we are all going through...its amazing.

One last thing. I was driving home ( things seem to occur to me while I'm driving lately), and I saw a sign that said " Minor crash remove from major lanes." And that hit me so hard. It sounds kinda silly, but I realized that that is exactly what we do with people relationally. We are all FULL of minor crashes just waiting to happen. And when it comes, there isn't any compassion or encouragement most of the time, people are pushing you out of the way instead to leave you stranded on the sidelines. Everyone is in such a rush to keep their life going that they bypass all the hurting people. The sign should say " If there is a minor crash, stop to see if everyone is okay because one day this crash could be a fatal one."

No comments: