Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Random: Thoughts on being FRUMPY!

I was hoping this picture would blow up a lot bigger, but I think you get the point! Ha! Feeling Frumpy? I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I find that when you are a mom, it's SO SUPER EASY to get the "mom" look. Loose pants, a t-shirt, hair thrown up, no make-up, etc. It's really hard to be motivated when you change stinky diapers all day, get food on your clothes from all the meals/snacktime clean up, or are just busy cleaning the house and doing the daily duties. Since having Claire, I have found that anytime I go out, I want to feel my BEST. I have done my hair so much more, and even though I'm not at the weight I'd like to be at, I'm still wearing nicer clothes that give me a little "grace" in the belly region :) I think I'll go out on a limb and say that never getting ready is probably a mild sign of depression. I'm using "depression" lightly plus adding the "mild" so please don't leave any mean comments! I just know that from my experience, the times that I have had no motivation to really look good or go places, has generally been a time when I've been down. Also, I think that it can contribute to down in the dumps feelings if you are down! I think they go hand in hand. Do you??? Not to mention, it's probably nice for the hubbs when they get home to not see their ladies a slobby mess (ok, I feel the need to give lots of disclaimers in this post! This is not to say that there aren't days where that all you can do! Believe me, I have a lot of those). But in being a mom, I still have to remember that I am a wife. At one point all Adam came home to was me and I had no one else to be responsible for- I'd like to think that we still have that kind of spark in our marriage and all the beauty and good-looking-ness isn't gone! This post is to inspire me (and hopefully you!) to say NO to being frumpy. Do some things that make you feel good about you. Take you hair out of that bun-jump in the shower- put some mascara and lip gloss on- take the stretchy clothes OFF and put something more flattering ON! Do a little dance in the mirror to make yourself smile, and stand a few inches taller! :) I'm motivated! Haven't showered today- see what I mean about having "those" days? But I'm going to. And I'm gonna do my hair and leave it DOWN! What are your thoughts on this topic?? I'd love to know! Love, Krystle

No comments: